c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Friday, October 15, 2004

meme kinda day...

I never indulged in this meme business before I had a blog. Never even did the Spark quizzes or similar online "tests" that all the people in college were always taking and comparing scores. And yet, now, Quizilla is my friend, and every once in a while, when I check some of my favorite blogs and see that they've indulged, I feel the need to do so too. It's a creeping addiction, I've determined. Anyway, to indulge your inner quiz-geek:

via Household Opera, one on favorite groups of threes. Some very good responses- vaguely reminscent of James "Soupy" Lipton and his Actor's Studio Questionairre, except that the answers come in triplicate. When I got down to "Last Three Movies Seen" I realized how obviously dependant on TCM I am: The Third Man, Holiday Inn, and Easter Parade. (I can't believe I've never seen Easter Parade before now. It is utterly charming for all of the obvious nonsense. And can you believe that Astaire was 49 when he did all that jumping around without so much as a single arithitic grimace? "We're just a couple of swells, we stay at the best hotels...");

Tinka's mini rant and poetry suggestions, well meant and well taken;

a Name Game, from WoT;

and lastly, in honor of the ending Farscape marathon and its upcoming mini-series event:What Farscape character are you? brought to you by Quizilla. (I am Aeryn, which is quite curiously off-- Zhaan's more accurate. And the fact that I know that is the power of the Sci-Fi channel's relentless programming this past week. It's actually a rather charming show... when one can make heads or tails of it... which is not often. But hey, who am I to question a Henson? Kermit the Frog was my best friend in kindergarten... still is.)

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

MINI. Teeny. Tiny. Bite-size. Chewable. Or maybe just a longish regular post. ::searches for quick exit nervously:: ;P

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home