c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

i won't be watching

... the debate tonight for fear of making my heart explode out of my chest with sheer rage. The noticable lack of criticism of the last debate is appalling (draw, my ass), especially given the President's performance. (Or maybe I'm just really missing the Jon Stewart post-debate wrap-up. Damn those Comedy Central guys for taking such a crucial week off!) Bush was addled to the point of foaming at the mouth, was "taking notes" with a huge Sharpie pen most likely lifted off a lighting crew member at the last minute, and made some very sinister hints about the future should he be elected. Case in point: his not-so-left-field-as-it-appeared mention of the Dred Scott case (via freakgirl) and his support of Justice Scalia. While I have such comforting thoughts keeping me company, I don't think I need to add ten more to the docket. I'm just going to watch the mysterious monsters terrorize the plane crash survivors and shut the telly off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home