c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Friday, October 08, 2004

someone else will die

eek! Just found out the news about HP Book 6 and though I'm not surprised, I'm terribly upset with curiosity. I really don't believe it's anyone from the group of three. And I really, really, really hope that it's not Snape (found out from Voldemort, tortured past breaking point, dying and crawling back to Hogwarts to save Harry in a last act of redemption...). Or Lupin. And I don't think she really can kill off Dumbledore until she kills off Voldemort. One of the Weasley brood? Gulp... Hagrid? Silly, hapless Neville in a final act of great courage? Aunt Petunia?

Speaking of Ms. Rowling's website, in the same interview she mentions that people searching for the answers behind her books are asking the wrong questions. Instead of asking "why did Harry live?", the author says people should be asking "why didn't Voldemort die?" GoF supplies a half-answer in that he says that he, Voldie, had taken some sort of precautions prior to facing off with the Potters. My own guess is that it's probably a potion of some sort (movie fans say it with me now, just like Alan did: For those select few... who possess... the pre-disposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even...put a stopper in death.)

Food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home