c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Thursday, October 14, 2004

a lost recap

I was going to have a nice, mild night-in that wouldn't entail me screaming at my television screen. I said I wasn't going to watch the debate. And I did not. (Not that it matters, I already know who I'm voting for unlike these poor idiots.) I said I was going to watch "Lost" and I did. And went NUTS anyway as I watched my cooly evil and mysterious Mr. Locke degenerate into a pitiful character that doesn't even get dead but manages to "kill" (how about drag away from the Big Bad Robot-Elephant?) a wild boar. And, speaking of wild boars, perhaps the castaways should have played rock music to ward them off instead of burning the fuselage.

Food for thought:

1. Why the hell was Jack so adamant about not holding a memorial service? I couldn't tell if he was more pissy because people kept bugging him (as in his "look, dudes, I'm not your leader" glares) or that he has some kind of family-related issue (as in the reveal with Rose the Misty-Eyed and Lonely Black Lady, wherein he says that medicine is the family biz) OR if he's some kind of Dr. Kevorkian/troubled with the not-so-ethical treatment of a past patient doctor. Obviously, this episode was part of what Abrams was hinting at when he said that Jack has a dark side.

2. Can you really become unparalyzed by a plane crash? Is this one of those crazy "science" moves that J.J. pulls like bringing Sloane back from the dead? Obviously, Locke was paralyzed during some sort of event- if he's to be believed when he says it's only been for the past four years. Pinched nerve or something that miraculously gets itself unpinched? Ooh, brain... hurt...

3. Destiny, kismet, fate? Is that what brought these troubled souls to the island or was it the mysterious figure in the suit? (I soooo expected Jack to find a Sloane-equivalent cackling in the bushes, making vaguely threatening comments before disappearing into an underground lair. But seriously, am I the only one who's suspecting that the plane was deliberately crashed and that they're some sort of government experiment?)

4. If Sayid is the new Professor, does that make Kate Mary-Ann? She wants to help out, she climbs trees... But pretty, pregnant Claire is the nicer one. Eh. Toss up.

5. And while we're comparing different universes, who is the new Marguerite? At first I was saying Kate, because of the mysterious and criminal past, plus the obvious physical similiarities. But I think that bitchy and manipulative Shannon more encapsulates her spirit. (Though she takes her role a bit too far at times and it grates. Watch and learn from the master, dear.) Did you see how she charmed poor Charlie into catching fish for her? Aw. It's too bad pissy Boone is her brother, otherwise he'd be a charming Roxton.

6. Will Sun ever learn English? Or reveal that she can speak English? Because the rapid Korean and the dufus behavior of former dead-beat dad Michael have no charm for me. Make it stop.

7. What is the Big Bad Tree-Rustling Bigger-Than-an-Elephant Thing? And why didn't Locke say he saw it? Does this mean that there's still hope for him being an evil genius? (Because if not, kill him and return him to being Kendall on Alias, dammit.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home