c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Thursday, October 21, 2004

dear gentle readers,

I am very sorry for being (mostly) AFK all week, leaving you to find stupid pop-culture links on your lonesome, but for once, I was terribly busy. As I mentioned earlier, I spent Monday through Wednesday as a substitute Latin teacher at a private school. A middling experience; there are some classes wherein all seats are filled and others where there was only a handful; some brilliant students, some who looked like they would fall asleep/mutilate themselves out of sheer boredom, and some who really need to get a grasp on the English language before moving on to other ones. Though overall, I can't discount it because it got me out of the house, got me paid (the check is IN the mail!) and everyone there is so terribly sweet that you can forgive them practically anything.

Except,perhaps, for choosing the absolute worst possible cover for a program of Oklahoma! I did my research, cringed at the lyrics, but I worked up three designs. Two were surprisingly good (and one, I daresay, was damn nigh beautiful) but neither incorporated the school mascot, the panda bear. One did, however reluctantly. And ick, ick, ick, was chosen (of course). And had technical difficulties which resulted in the Development person removing the background of the file. So, it degenerated into Cowboy-Pandas Floating In Space present Oklahoma!, a masterwork that I have "all the copyrights of." Aren't I the lucky one.

Anyway. Things are looking better on the job search front than they have been, which is a nice change of pace, making "optimism" a more viable strategy. And the icing on the cake is, this weekend I'm off for a three/four day mini-break to New Orleans which I am totally psyched about. I've never been, and heard they've got weather for shorts-- considering it's been a rain-filled muck fest here all week, that's a very welcome change of pace. Read some books, take some tours, eat some good southern cookin'... it's gonna be fantastic.

(Temporarily) back to the regularly scheduled blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home