c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

the job front

A break from linking for a personal update: Two weeks ago, I received 99% of a job offer. Last week, I got that remaining one percent and ::deep breath:: I turned it down. My first job offer, now gone. It was a tough decision to make, and hopefully one that I will not regret. I have the support of my friends and family, who all seem to be in agreement that it would not have been worth the trouble for a job I wasn't wild about in the first place. While it is somewhat comforting to know that I am hireable, I am still unemployed, a vexing and unacceptable situation.

I did have an interview today and not only that, but a headhunter contacted me. I didn't even know they had them for designers, though apparently they're into everything now. La di da. Maybe this is a sign of things to come, maybe now things are finally looking up. I don't know, but I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home