c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Friday, January 07, 2005

a book list meme

via the little professor. Copy the list of 10 and check your bookshelves. Any authors on the list that aren't on the bookshelves get replaced (replacements in bold).

1. Dorothy Dunnett
2. Elizabeth Peters
3. J.R.R. Tolkien
4. Elizabeth George
5. Jane Austen
6. J.K. Rowling
7. P.G. Wodehouse
8. Dorothy L. Sayers
9. Virginia Woolf
10. William Shakespeare

A comment on my bookshelves: just noticed that I read more female authors than male ones. Odd. I can remember a time when it was completely the opposite-- somewhere in my late high school years/early college years the scales must have tipped in the other direction. Probably better off in some respects: I get lumps in my throat when forced to admit that once upon a time I was a Crichton fan. (State of Fear can bite me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home