c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Thursday, December 02, 2004

cleaning out the bookmarks

1) A beautiful Superman animated short. Very moving, very well-drawn. Only qualm is the quality of the soundtrack, which despite some shortcomings, ends up being extremely catchy. Via beautiful stuff.

2) John Stewart's take on Tom Ridge's resignation. Funny funny stuff which reminded me of the great short film of Ze Frank's Red Alert. Watch them together and enjoy.

3) Empire Online's Advent Calendar. Almost as good as chocolate and infinitely more festive.

4) Gothic perfumes at the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, via WoT. Especially neat is the poetry section that served up the inspiration for the perfume names. Very cool illustrations too.

5) Word, drew. I had been psyched about the Mr. & Mrs. Smith remake until I heard who was attached. The trailer did nothing for me, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught the same True Lies tango music playing in the background.

6) I am a blurker. At more than one blog. Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

7) Former Bletchley Park cryptographers take up Grail Hunting. Get over the silly Da Vinci Code hype, people. Please. It's not real. Was there this much ruckus caused when Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade came out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home