c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Thursday, January 20, 2005

happy inauguration day

for all those fellow blue-staters who are feeling a little down today, here's a few links to cheer you up:

via freakgirl, 120 for 1/20, a chance to donate to your favorite cause which may or may not be eradicated in the next four years, not to mention the latest Jib Jab movie.

Boycott the inauguration by spending not one damn dime, via a wonderful list of hope from snarkcake.

Les Moonves is considering Jon Stewart to replace Dan Rather. No, I didn't make this up. As much as I lurve Jon, I can't see it happening. Though, Daily Show coverage of the Inauguration should kick ass if last night was any indication. (Any Reagan/Lincoln/LBJ reference is going to set me off, I know it.) Catch the re-run at 7 if you missed it-- funny.

The official site, I kid you not, of the 2005 Inaugural. I guess the online store wasn't making that much cash so that's the reason DC had to fit the security bill.

There are at least two senators willing to stand up for you. Thank them. Not to mention that Barack Obama is so cool that I can almost forgive him for confirming that crazy Condolezza.

Join a protest. My favorite is A Jazz Funeral for Democracy. At least it's going out in style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home