c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

the new office

so, we've moved into the new space and now I've got a 25 minute commute (now includes 100% more highway traffic!) instead of a roll-out-of-bed, 5-minute-meander-through-side-streets-and-you're-there drive. The new space is bigger, and for the moment cleaner, though like the last building, the thermostat remains set to "ice-cold." My office is in the back, away from everybody, which seems really odd and is made worse since the other assistant is still out on disability and my boss is at a trade show, so it's just me occupying this large space. By myself. With my computer, sending out emails that no one is deigning to reply. I might have fallen into a previous undiscovered black hole. In southern New Jersey.

Right.

I didn't manage to get a lot done, workwise or with the unpacking, but I will say this: I had a good hair day. Sometimes, that's all you need to get through a Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home