c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

50 books for 05 | #3

Ha. Hahahaha. I finished it. The Time Traveler's Wife is officially done. (Ha.)

And I thought I disliked it before. Let me just say, wow, does it get *wretched* by the end. Just awful (and not in that good angsty way either). I haven't felt this triumphant at putting a book down since Great Expectations in freshman English. (Pip and Estella are not likeable characters, either. I don't care if it is Dickens. Give me my Sydney Carton anyday.)

I'm so disgusted that this book that has been so widely read and acclaimed has turned out to be so vile, but I guess that's the way it goes. I was so ready to like it too.

Anyway, a happier me will go on to better reading pastures; I'm thinking maybe I'll start with Greene before I bother with Scales again. ::fingers crossed::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home