c o l u m b i n a

"by her keen and active wit, she [ is ] able to hold her own in every situation and emerge with ease and dignity from the most involved intrigues." ~ Duchartre

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

staple it together

so, I spent Sunday in New Hope having brunch with an old family friend, My Non-Uncle Uncle Bill, who despite the fact that he's got to be approaching 70, remains one of the coolest guys I know. (And he looks like he's 50. It's kinda scary. He says it's because his grandma was Cherokee. Or he's bathing in the blood of babies. One or the other.) Anyway, Sunday was beautiful, weather-wise, and I was feeling quite content with the world. I just got the new Jack Johnson cd and had it on in the car, feelin' very groovy. Mom rode with me, and though she's usually pretty vocal about dissing my musical taste, was curiously silent until we got to this one song, "Staple it Together." At which point she turned to me with her WTF face and asked me what that meant. I didn't know.

Until now. Thank you, internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home